Malbec “La Viminiére” is one of the single-grape varieties of Château Fleur Haut Gaussens. Made from an precocious terroir, this 100% Malbec is the result of a new approach of plot selection and modern vinification.
2015 : First Vintage
Purple color, deep garnet highlights. The nose is very pure, good aromatic intensity. A delicious basket of fruits is offered to us, such as blackcurrant, wild blackberry, black cherry jelly. Black tea, blond tobacco, a note of leather to finish on a menthol freshness are mixed up. The first mouth is suave fresh and clear. The elegance of the tannic structure stands out and gives the final complexity and persistence. Aging potential: + / – 10 years.
Serve at 14 ° to enjoy at 16 °, aeration of 15 to 20 minutes is recommended. To be eaten on a Cote de Boeuf de Bazas, fried new potatoes, a roasted rack of lamb, grilled eggplant gratin and black olives, or a duck breast cooked in oven, black cherry jelly and fresh pasta or in all simplicity around a charcuterie board.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 2ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 100% malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 8 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Use of whole stalks. Smooth and short maceration. Slow vinification during more than 25 days at low temperature.
- Aging : 5 months in new French and American oak barrel
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 14 000 bottles / year