Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2008, winemaker vintage !
The fresh, rainy spring delayed the growth of the vine and blooming. The month of August, not humid and too cold, slowed down the maturation process. This delay pushed the harvest for 10 days. The 2008 vintage is one the “winemaker years”, a year with complicated climate conditions where the quality of the terroir and the winemaker work will make the difference once the wine will be bottled.
This wine has a beautiful ruby color. The nose displays aromas of ripe black fruit while the palate is full of liquorice, underwood and spices, Delicate, it has a great fresh ness despite its age.
Serve at 16°C with any kind of tomato-based dishes, roasted red meats and cheeses.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / yearC