Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2015 a Great Succes !
2015 is a dry vintage, hot at the beginning of the year, then cold on maturation. The vinification had to adapt to a more concentrated grape juice: pumping was less frequent. The macerations were short not to harden the tannins.
This wine has a beautiful dark red color with purple highlights. Inviting nose, spicy, with fine notes of pepper and balanced woody. The mouth is slightly fond. Very aromatic with clear and fresh tannins. At once elegant, balanced and ample. Aging potential: between 10 and 15 years.
Ideal service between 16 ° C and 19 ° C, on an charcuterie appetizer, grilled or roasted meat, game, a selection of cheese. Open 1 hour before serving.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 85% merlot, 5% cabernet franc, 5% cabernet sauvignon and 5% malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pres-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / year