Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2016, unexpected vintage !
A very abundant rainfall from January to mid-June and three months of summer without rain allowed a well flowering. Summer is dry but a storm in early September puts an end to the stress of the vine and allows an acceleration of the maturity of the grapes. We are patient, the maturation of the tannins is slow and the first harvest will begin in early October. The freshness of summer nights have preserved the aromas and acidity.
Beautiful purple color. The nose reveals attractive aromas of blackberry, cedar and woody scents. The attack is slightly full-bodied with catchy tannins that lacquer the mouth. Then a freshness and an impressive density are revealed in the final. At once elegant, balanced and greedy. Aging potential: 15 years.
Ideal service between 16 ° C and 19 ° C, on charcuterie, grilled or roasted meat, a selection of cheese. Open 1 hour before serving.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon and 5% Malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / year