Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2017, selective vintage !
Rainy vintage during winter, with morning frost at the begining of spring and a lake of sunshine in the summer. Despite that the estate produced a quality wine in keeping with the consistency that we have had for 20 years. A beautifull wine, mixing classicism and modernity in its extraction.
The nose exhale intense black and juicy fruit. Beautifull fresh finale.
Ideal service between 16 ° C and 19 ° C, on charcuterie, grilled or roasted meat, a selection of cheese. Open 1 hour before serving.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon and 5% Malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / year