Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent ageing potential.
2014 a miracle year
2014 is a damps year until the end of August. The summer rains boost the growth of the berries. A beautiful late season has allowed to reach a good maturity. The harvest was thus able to start at the end of September.
Dark ruby color. The nose reveals very expressive aromas, black fruits, violet, flint. The attack is clear. The tannins are harmonious. A charming wine, more elegant than powerful, full of character on a feeling of general freshness. Aging potential: 10 to 15 years.
Ideal to serve between 16 ° C and 19 ° C, it will be enjoyed alone as an aperitif, with friends or with a red meat meal or a dish cooked in sauce, blue-veined cheeses or with a chocolate cake.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon and 5% Malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / year