Terre of Château Fleur Haut Gaussens displays a beautiful deep garnet colour. The elegant and harmonious nose develops ripe aromas of black fruits with a hint of woodand and oak. The palate is round and velvety with a voluptuous mid palate and good backbone thanks to the ripe tannin and velvety tannins, A delicate mineral character, typical of this terroir shows on the lingering finish.
2009, a great success
With a rainy vegetative cycle, a very hot and dry summer, rare rainfall before the harvest and cool nights, this vintage benefited from climatic constraints favourable to the excellent maturity of the grapes.
This wine has a deep, dense purple colour. The nose is elegant and harmonious, revealing aromas of blackberries and black fruits in harmony with toasty aromas.
This full-bodied, fruity but delicate and elegant wine reflects all the characteristics of the terroir.
To be enjoyed between 16 and 18°C with grilled meat, roast poultry and cheeses.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Clay – Limestone
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 90% Merlot – 10% Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years old
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Harvests : Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two seperate maturity analysis control
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Volume : 20000 bottles