The cuvée Pierre Blanche of Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is the first 100% Sauvignon Blanc cuvée of the estate. Its name refers to the limestone quarry on which we planted the vines. It’s a very expressive and mineral wine, thanks to a great limestone soil and fresh climate.
The colour is slightly yellow. The nose fresh and elegant reveals a hint of white flowers and citrus. The mouth is lively. The attack is frank with great mineral and fruity notes. Ageing potential 5 years.
- Appellation: Bordeaux Blanc
- Terroir: Limestone
- Average vines age: 4 years
- Plots : Lugon
- Superficy : 2ha
- Varietal: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Vineyard management: Sustainable agriculture, Certified HVE3
- Harvest: 16 Th September ,Machine harvested, optimum maturity following three separate maturity analysis controls. 3 sorts including densimetric sorting table.
- Winemaking process: Direct pressing for cold fermentation in vats.
- Ageing: 50 % in oak barrel for 8 months. We stirred on lees.
- ABV: 13%
- Production: 14000 Bottles