Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2010, amazing vintage !
Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the
Amazing year. The 2010 vintage is one of the driest years ever registered. This lake of water led to the vine dehydration concentring the grape. This phenomenon has given amazing sugar to the fruit. At contrary, the fresher night enables the anthocyanins to colour the wine with a beautiful ruby robe.
This cru presents a beautiful garnet color. Intense, the nose displays pure black fruits aromas such as cassis, blackberry and cherry. On the palate the oak is delicately integrated giving an extraordinary velvety mouthful. A powerful balanced tannic structure complemented by just the right amount of fruit gives this wine all its personality. Elegant and delicate with a long soft finish. A wine full of personality and finesse.
Ideally served at 16°C during a dinner party with friends, beef Wellington, roasted lamb or a selection of fine cheeses
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / yearC