The Pierre Blanche cuvée of Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is the first 100% Sauvignon Blanc cuvée of the estate. Its name refers to the limestone quarries on which the Sauvignon Blanc vines were planted in 2018. It is an expressive and mineral wine thanks to its cool, limestone terroir.
The colour is slightly yellow. The fresh and elegant nose reveals notes of white flowers and citrus fruits. On the palate, the attack is lively and frank with mineral and fruity notes. Potential for aging: 5 years.
- Appellation: White Bordeaux
- Terroir: Limestone
- Average vines age: 4 years
- Plots: Lugon
- Surface area: 2ha
- Varietal: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Vineyard management: Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Harvest: 16 Th September ,Machine harvested, optimum maturity following
tree separate maturity analysis controls. 3 sorts including densimetric sorting
- Winemaking process: Direct pressing for cold fermentation in vats
- Ageing: 50 % in oak barrel during 8 month. We stirred on lees.
- ABV: 13%
- Production: 14 000 bottles
- Œnologist: Vincent Dupuch Conseils