Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent ageing potential.
2017, Selection vintage
Rainy vintage during winter, with morning frost at the begining of spring and a moderate sunlight during summer. Despite that, the estate produced a quality wine in keeping with the consistency that we have had for 20 years. A beautiful wine, mixing classicism and modernity in its extraction.
The nose exhale intense black and juicy fruit. Beautiful fresh finale.
Ideal served between 16°C and 19°C, with fine charcuterie, grilled or roasted meat and a selection of cheeses. Open 1 hour before serving.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficy : 30ha
- Terroir : Limestone and clay
- Average vines age : 30 years
- Density control : 4500 ft/ ha
- Taille : Double Guyot
- Varietal : 85% Merlot 5% Cabernet franc 5% Cabernet sauvignon 5% Malbec
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Harvest : Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two separate matuity analysis controls.
- Winemaking process : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless-steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing : 50% in French oak barrel for 6 months
- ABV : 13.5%
- Production : 50 000 bottles