Château Fleur Haut Gaussens Grand Vin is the haute couture wine of the estate. Produced from the best plots of the property this wine is a blended equally with Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. It is a great class with a pretty color, a precise nose, high quality tannins and a nice finish. Potential aging: +/- 15 years
The 2016 vintage sees the creation on the estate of an exceptional cuvée!
The color is limpid and surprisingly dark purple, the nose reveals pure aromas and an unexpected delicacy of slightly peppery violet and blackcurrant jam that transports you directly into childhood. Elegant, fine, pure, fresh and feminine as many characteristics that harmonize perfectly with a structure very present yet, melted tannins, seductive and delicate.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : Less than 1 ha
- Terroir : Argilo Calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 1/3 Merlot 1/3 Cabernet franc 1/3Malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 6 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable farming
- Harvest : At optimum maturity after 2 controls
- Vinification : of an integral vinification (5 weeks of fermentation and maceration in new barrels of 400L, daily manual « pigeage » and ventilation)
- Aging : 100% in new barrels of 400L – French oak during 12 months
- Alcohol degrees : 14%
- Volume : 5 000 bottle / year