Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality and finesse with excellent ageing potential. +/- 10 years.
The 2020 vintage is an extraordinary year that will have put to the test those who shaped it. From the climatic phenomena, to the organization oh the spring work during the lock-down, to the earliness of each vegetative step of the vine, to the Indian summer, we had to reinvent ourselves at each step.
This wine has a beautiful purple color. The nose reveals attractive aromas of blackberry, cedar and wood scents. The attack is slightly full-bodied with catchy. Then a freshness and density are revealed on the finish. Elegant, balanced and gourmet at the same time.
- Appelation: Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficie: 30ha
- Terroir: Limestone and Clay
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Varietals: 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Malbec
- Average vines age: 30 years
- Vineyard management: Sustainable agriculture, Cetified HVE3
- Harvest: From 21/09 to 23/09 – From 28/09 to 30/09 – Mechanical harvest at optimum maturity after 3 controls, 3 sortings, the last one by Densimetric Bath.
- Winemaking process: Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing: 50% in French oak barrels for 8 months.
- ABV: 14%.
- Production: 160 000 bottles