Our 40ha vineyard benefits from a clay-limestone soil. Distributed around the commune of Vérac, near Fronsac, our 27 parcels are planted according to the soils and benefit from a maximum sunshine. It consists of Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc.
We practice a sustainable agriculture and the property is certified HVE Level 3. Attentive to the environment and attached to the ecosystem that surrounds us, we moderate the dosages of entrants according to the vegetation cycle.
Our work respects our terroir: our vine rows are planted with grass, we use the manure of our own sheeps to replace fertilizer, and we use organic inputs.
Throughout the growing season, the meticulous work of the vineyard requires efforts, patience and support. Each parcel receives a special attention, according to its soil and its needs in order to give the best of itself: a quality harvest, a ripe and healthy grape.
Harvesting is done partly mechanically and during the night to preserve the freshness and quality of the grapes. A first on-board sorting is done on the machine. We carry out two others sorts: on an automatic sorting table and by a machine using one of the latest technologies on the market: by the density, the machine eliminates green waste and lower quality grapes according to a precise setting.
Château Fleur Haut Gaussens : Key works
- Our vine rows are planted with grass in order to maintain as much as possible the existing ecosystem,
- Each year, we attach a great importance to replace the dead or damaged plants, this is called “complantation”
- The pruning, essential work for the fruit quality is carried out in double guyot
- The budding, the suckering, the stripping is made to measure, foot by foot according to the requirement of the grape varieties.
- The trellising is systematically raised to increase the leaf area
- The harvest in green confirm the control of the yield
- The harvests during the night or where exemplary patience is necessary to harvest at perfect ripening.