Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with an excellent ageing potential.
2012, a silky vintage
The month of April was very fresh and humid. Warmer temperatures were register in May and in June, but rain was important until the 15th of July. In mid-June a long period of beautiful but dry weather took place in Bordeaux. Between the 15th of July and the 20th of September, only 30 millimeters of rain against 120 millimeters usally. At the end of September, there has been few days of rain, but overall month remained dry. (48mm against 81 on average). At the beginning of October, the weather was mild with few rainfalls. The climate of 2012 with a first half of the season being rainy and the second half being dry was very similar of the year 2000. The temperatures were also very alike.
Powerful but fine nose combines fruity aromas, with the same delicate peppery and floral notes, that we already found in the 2011, generous mouth feel, fine rather than powerful with fresh and aromatic finish.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficy : 30ha
- Terroir : Limestone and Clay
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Varietal : 90% Merlot 5% Cabernet franc 5% Cabernet sauvignon
- Average vines age : 29 ans
- Vineyard management: Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Harvest : October, Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two separate maturity analysis controls.
- Winemaking process : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless-steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing : 50% in french oak barrel for 6 months
- ABV : 13,5%
- Production : 160 000 bottles