Malbec “La Viminiére” is one of the single-grape varieties of Château Fleur Haut Gaussens. Made from an precocious terroir, this 100% Malbec is the result of a new approach of plot selection and modern vinification.
Vintage 2016 : Very qualitative wine !
This pure Malbec is opulent and generous on the nose. Aromas of blueberry jam, wild fruits with a toasted oak. Medium-bodied, with a stone of sweet black plum, blueberry and honey. The tannins are powdered. Its acidity keep the balance. A dense, powerful and fine malbec. Aging potential: +/- 10 years.
Serve at 14 ° to enjoy at 16 °, aeration of 15 to 20 minutes is recommended. To be eaten on a Cote de Boeuf de Bazas, fried new potatoes, a roasted rack of lamb, grilled eggplant gratin and black olives, or a duck breast cooked in oven, black cherry jelly and fresh pasta or in all simplicity around a charcuterie board.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 2ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 100% malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 8 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Use of whole stalks. Smooth and short maceration. Slow vinification during more than 25 days at low temperature.
- Aging : 5 months in new French and American oak barrel
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 14 000 bottles / year