GRAND BLANC, like Grand Vin, is Château Fleur Haut Gaussens’ haute couture cuvée in AOC Bordeaux Blanc. This second 100% Sauvignon Blanc cuvée, from a fresh, chalky terroir, reveals an expressive, mineral wine.
The colour is pale yellow. The nose is clear, complex and subtle, with fruity notes and woody notes of roasted almonds. The palate is fresh, dense, fruity, precise and reveals citrus notes. The finish is powerful and long.
- Appellation: Bordeaux Blanc
- Terroir: Limestone
- Average vines age: 4 years
- Superficy: 2ha
- Varietal: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Vineyard management: Sustainable agriculture – Estate certified HVE3
- Harvest: The 16th september, machine harvested, optimum maturity following three separate maturity analysis controls. 3 sorts including densimetric sorting table.
- Vinification: Direct pressing and cold fermentation in tanks.
- Ageing: 100% in new Franch oak barrels. we stirred on lees.
- ABV: 13%