Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever going out of fashion. It is a safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. This wine has a beautiful colour. Expressive, the nose reveals the purity of the fruits. On the palate, the finely melted and well-integrated wood brings a balanced silkiness. Powerful and well-balanced, the tannic structure blends with a correctness of the fruit. Elegant and delicate, this wine has a beautiful finish. A wine full of personality and finesse with excellent ageing potential. +/- 10 years.
2019 is a vintage that required the attention of the winemaker from the vine to the cellar. The weather was capricious from flowering to harvest, which resulted in a general lack of homogeneity in the different parcels. Faced with this uncertainty about the vintage, additional maturity controls were necessary. The use of the densimetric bath for the second year was beneficial to the success of the vintage.
This wine reveals an intense fruity nose with notes of red fruit, cherry and spices. The palate is ample, fruity, mixed with just the right amount of wood, the tannins are present, fine and elegant. A hint of acidity on the finish which marks the freshness, good length.
- Appelation: Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficie: 30ha
- Terroir: Clay-limestone
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Varietals: 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Malbec
- Average vines age: 30 years
- Vineyard management: Integrated farming – HVE3 certified
- Harvest: Mechanical harvest at optimum maturity after 3 controls, 3 sortings, the last one by densimetric bath.
- Winemaking process: Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing: 50% in French oak barrels for 8 months.
- ABV: 14%.
- Production: 160 000 bottles