The cuvée Pierre Blanche of Chateau Fleur Haut Gaussens is the first 100% Sauvignon Blanc cuvée of the estate. Its name refers to the limestone quarry on which we planted the vines. It’s a very expressive and mineral wine, thanks to a great limestone soil and fresh climate.
The nose fresh and elegant reveals a hint of white flowers and citrus. The mouth is leavely. This attack is frank with a great minerality and fruit. Ageing potential 5 years.
- Appelation : Bordeaux Blanc
- Terroir : Limestone
- Average vines age : 4 years
- Superficy : 2ha
- Varietal : 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Vineyard Management : Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Harvest : 16th september, machine harvested, optimum maturity following three separate maturity analysis controls. 3 sorts including densimetric sorting table.
- Winemaking process : Direct pressing for cold fermentation in vats.
- Ageing : 50% in oak barrel for 8 months. We stirred on lees.
- ABV : 13% vol
- Production : 14 000 bottles