Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2009, rip vintage !
The 2009 spring season was rainy. The regularity in the temperatures and lake of rainfalls in the end of May and beginning of June enable a homogeneous blooming. July, August and September, maturating season of the vine were very dry which enable a longer maturation process. The harvest happened in the best conditions with a quasi-lake of rainfalls.
Wonderful open nose with ripe black fruit and toasted liquorice oak aromas. Powerful gorgeous fruity palate. An imposing but harmonious structure, great freshness and persistence.
Ideally served at 16°C during a dinner party with friends, beef Wellington, roasted lamb or a selection of fine cheeses
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / yearC