The “TERRE” cuvée has been created to pay respect to the biodiversity, the earth that surround us. The soil that awakens our senses. This wine has a beautiful deep colour. The nose develops aromas of ripe black fruit with a hint of wood. The mouth is round and silky with a lot of volume thanks to ripe and velvety tannins. There is a delicate note of minerality expressive of this atypical terroir. The long and suave finish is unrivalled. Ageing potential: +/- 10 years.
2016, an unexpected vintage !
With very abundant rainfall from January to mid-June followed by 3 summer months without water enable a great blooming of the vines. In the beginning of September, the thunderstorm stopped the hydric stress on the vines and enabled the maturation of the grapes. We are patient, the maturation of the tannins took time and the first harvest start in October. The freshness of the night preserved the aromas and acidity of the berry.
This wine presents a superb purple color, dense and deep. The nose, elegant and harmonious, reveals aromas of blackberries and black fruits in harmony with toasted aromas.The mouth is round and silky with a lot of volume thanks to ripe and velvety tannins. There is a delicate note of expressive minerality of this atypical terroir. The long and suave finish is unequalled. Cellaring potential: +/- 10 years.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficie : 30 ha
- Terroir : Limestone and Clay
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Varietal : 90 % Merlot, 5 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 5 % Cabernet Franc
- Average vines age : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Harvest : Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two separate maturity analysis controls.
- Winemaking process : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless-steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Production : 20 000 bottles