La Bergeronnette is the second varietal wine produced at Château Fleur Haut Gaussens. This wine is made of a selection of our best plot choosen for the quality of its soils as well as its remarkable exposure. This wine reveals a beautiful purity and a great finesse. A light maturing in barrels brings a great complexity and the elegance expected by this single-grape variety. Aging potential: +/- : 10 years.
2018 is a surprising vintage. The vineyard saw an important mildew pressure. The weather was unstable up until the summer season. It has radically changed in the beginning of August until October which enabled a high-quality harvest. The recent use of a densimetric bath enhance a very precise sorting of the berries. Thanks to a sunny vintage, 2018 cuvée could reach a perfect ripeness. It’s a frank success.
The bouquet is fiery with subtle notes of black fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with black fruit and woody flavors. The finish is fresh, in the mouth the wine coat your palate with a precise extraction and with elegance.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Terroir : Limestone and clay
- Average vine age : 6 years
- Superficy : 2ha
- Varietal : 100% Cabernet Franc
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture, certified HVE3
- Harvest : Machined harvested, optimum maturity two separate maturity analysis controls – Densimetric Bath for the third sorting.
- Winemaking process : Cold maceration, use of thermo regulated stainless steel tanks, malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing : 30% in new French oak barrels 400 litters oak for 5 months
- ABV : 14,00%
- Bottle : 14 000/ year