Château Fleur Haut Gaussens Grand Vin is the haute couture wine of the estate. Produced from the best plots of the estate this wine is blended equally with Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec. It is a great class product with a pretty color, a precise nose, high quality tannins and a nice finish. Ageing Potential: +/- 15 years
2018 is a surprising vintage. The vineyard saw an important mildew pressure. The weather was unstable up until the summer season. It has radically changed in the beginning of August until October which enabled a high-quality harvest. The recent use of a densimetric bath enhance a very precise sorting of the berries. Thanks to a sunny vintage, 2018 cuvée could reach a perfect ripeness. It’s a frank success.
An attractively perfumed, wood-aged wine, this is ripe and developing well. Plush tannins and ripe fruits show both plenty of freshness and the still-solid structure.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Terroir: Limestone and Clay
- Average vines age: 30 years
- Superficy : Less than 1h
- Grape Variety: 1/3 Merlot – 1/3 Cabernet Franc – 1/3 Malbec
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Vineyard management: Sustainable agriculture, Certified HVE3
- Harvest : Optimum maturity following 2 separate maturity analysis controls –Densimetric Bath for the third sorting,
- Winemaking process: Produced from an integral vinification process (5 weeks of fermentation and maceration in 400 liters of new barrels), a manual punching, aeration and barrel
- Ageing: : 100% in new French oak barrels 400 litters for 12 months
- ABV : 14,00%
- Bottle : 8000 / year