The “TERRE” cuvée has been created to pay respect to the biodiversity, the earth that surround us. The soil that awakens our senses. This wine has a beautiful deep colour. The nose develops aromas of ripe black fruit with a hint of wood. The mouth is round and silky with a lot of volume thanks to ripe and velvety tannins. There is a delicate note of minerality expressive of this atypical terroir. The long and suave finish is unrivalled. Ageing potential: +/- 10 years.
The month of April was very fresh and humid. Colder temperatures were register in Mai and June, but rain was important until the 15th of July. In mid-July a long period of beautiful but dry weather took place in Bordeaux. Between the 15th of July and the 20th of September, only 30 millimetres of rain fell against 120 millimetres usually. At the end of September there has been few days of rain, but the overall month remained dry. (48mm against 81 on average). At the beginning of October, the weather was DOUX with few rainfalls. The climate of 2012 with a first half of the season being rainy and the second half being dry was very similar of the year 2000. The temperatures were also very alike.
Château Fleur Haut Gaussens « Terre » shows a beautiful deep grenat color. The elegant and harmonious nose develops ripped aromas of black fruit with a hint of oak. The palate is round and voluptuous thanks to ripped and velvety tannins. The mineral and delicate personality typical of its vintage.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficie : 30 ha
- Terroir : Limestone and Clay
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Varietal : 90 % Merlot, 5 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 5 % Cabernet Franc
- Average vines age : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE 3
- Harvest : Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two separate maturity analysis controls.
- Winemaking process : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless-steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation.
- Production : 20 000 bottles