Malbec « La Viminière » is one of the two varietals from the Château Fleur Haut Gaussens estate. From a precocious terroir, this 100 % Malbec is the result of a new approach in plot selection and modern vinification. Aging potential: +/- : 10 years.
2018 is a surprising vintage. The vineyard saw an important mildew pressure. The weather was unstable up until the summer season. It has radically changed in the beginning of August until October which enabled a high-quality harvest. The recent use of a densimetric bath enhance a very precise sorting of the berries. Thanks to a sunny vintage, 2018 cuvée could reach a perfect ripeness. It’s a frank success.
Hints of crushed tobacco, blackberry, pepper, spices and blueberry will enchant your senses. The palate has density and richness, with excellent acidity keeping the balance.
Enjoy with prime rib and pommes au gratin or roasted rack of lamb.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Terroir : Limestone and clay
- Average vines age : 6 yars
- Superficy : 2ha
- Varietal : 100% Malbec
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture – Certified HVE3
- Harvest : Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two separate maturity analysis controls ; Densimetric Bath for the third sorting.
- Winemaking process : Cold maceration, use of thermo regulated stainless steel tanks, malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing : 30% in new french oak barrels 400 litters oak for 5 months
- ABV : 14,00%
- Bottle : 14000 / year