Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2018, surprising vintage !
2018 is a surprising vintage with highs and lows. The vineyard saw an important mildew pressure. The weather was unstable up until the summer season. It has radically changed in the beginning of August until October which enabled a quality harvest.
The nose shows a red and black crisp fruit, aromatic and smooth bouquet. On the palate the wood is well balanced with the fruit. The finish is gourmandized and flavorful. Attractive ageing potential.
Ideal serve between 16°and 18 ° with grilled meat, strong meat and cheese,
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon and 5% Malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / year