Château Fleur Haut Gaussens is a Bordeaux Supérieur that lives with its time without ever becoming obsolete. A safe bet that offers all the advantages of an exceptional wine. A wine full of personality, finesse with excellent aging potential.
2016, unexpected vintage !
2016, unexpected vintage. With very abundant rainfall from January to mid-June followed by 3 summer months without water enable a great blooming of the vines. In the beginning of September, the thunderstorm stopped the hydric stress on the vines and enabled the maturation of the grapes. We are patient, the maturation of the tannins took time and the first harvest start in October. The freshness of the night preserved the aromas and acidity of the berry.
Ideal service between 16 ° C and 19 ° C, on charcuterie, grilled or roasted meat, a selection of cheese. Open 1 hour before serving.
- Appellation : Bordeaux Supérieur
- Surface : 30ha
- Terroir : Argilo-calcaire
- Pruning : Double Guyot
- Grapes : 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet franc, 5% Cabernet sauvignon and 5% Malbec
- Average age of the vineyard : 30 years
- Vineyard management : Sustainable agriculture
- Vinification : Cold pre-fermentation maceration, thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, natural malolactic fermentation
- Aging : 50% in french oak barrel during 6 months
- Alcohol degrees : 13.5%
- Volume : 165 000 bottles / year